Recruitment announcement: Project Officer
Position title: Project Officer (PO)
Duty station: Ha Noi
Duration of the contract: Long-term
ISMS is conducting a project on tobacco cessation in health care centers in HaNoi. The project aims to develop a scalable model for implementing evidence-based tobacco use treatment in health care settings in low middle-income countries such as Vietnam. ISMS is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Project Officer. The project officer will be responsible for the effective implementation of project, data recording and reporting of the activities. The PO reports to the principal investigator/project director and project manager. The position will be based in Hanoi, with periodic travel in Ha Noi as needed. Long-term contract is available.
- Develop annual timeline and work plan for the project implementation in accordance with procedures and obligations specified in Grant Agreement;
- Under the principal investigator/project director and project manager supervision, provide day to day management for the project team;
- Coordinate and provide support to project team members to implement program/activities in project areas as per the work plan.
- Coordinate and facilitate communications between the project team and project partners (international and local partners)
- Make field visits to project districts and fields sites as per the requirement of the project
- Prepare progress reports (bi-annual, annual) and respond to the queries related to project reports.
- Work with the chief accountant to prepare and submit timely invoices to the donor;
- Other tasks upon the principal investigator/project director and project manager request
- A master’s degree in public health, sociology or related social sciences;
- Background knowledge of research in social science;
- A minimum of 02-year experience in community development
- Fluency of English (4 skills) is required;
- Proven ability to deliver products within the deadlines, work with commitment and persistence;
- Good team work and independent work skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- In-country social and medical insurance
- Lunch allowance
- Retreat, outing, bonuses (national holidays)
- Trainings and promotion
- Trial period in 1 months with 85% salary
All applicants should send a cover letter, CV, copies of degrees, list of 3 references to Ms. Trang via email: email@example.com with subject “application to the project PO position” by 5pm, November 15, 2021.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- Explain why you are interested in joining ISMS; and
- How your skills and experience will allow you to successfully carry out the job responsibilities as stated above.
Note: ISMS will contact suitable candidates only.